Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Everything Feels Unbearable

When a challenge arises, how often do you think to yourself “why is this happening to me?” When I am facing trials I often think this. Over the years, my life has been filled with many unanticipated trials. Some that seemed like they will/would never pass.

One of the challenges that I have been going through more recently is: as I began to become closer of becoming baptized, I lost the support of my family with the choices I was making. As much as I love my family it hasn’t been easy to lose the support. I became hesitant of the decision I was making. I didn’t know if the church was the right fit for me. I remember questioning everything, thought about saying to those around me I quit but then I remembered something. I already received my answer that the church was true, when I was doing the things I was supposed to from reading, praying, going to all three hours of church that is when I was the happiest. I could not deny, ignore, or turn back. I had to do this for myself, although I would have loved to have the support of those I love I knew at this point my life I had to be an example for them. I hope one day that they will be supportive but until then I am going to keep going! Sometimes it is hard to get through the trial but I know I will.

As I found the gospel I have had to rely on it. Things have definitely been hard, but the gospel has provided a strong foundation which has lifted me up in my times of need.

Trials are hard, some feel like you aren’t going to get through them. However, I know that the trials we face are given to us in order to strengthen us in a way that wouldn’t otherwise be possible. In order to grow, we have to face adversity.
 

A quote that I have grown to love is: “…we learn and grow and become stronger as we face and survive the trials through which we must pass. We know that there are times when we will experience heartbreaking sorrow, when we will grieve, and when we may be tested to our limits. However, such difficulties allow us to change for the better, to rebuild our lives…and to become something different from what we were—better than we were, more understanding than we were, more empathetic than we were…” (Thomas S. Monson).

As we experience difficult trials, it may be hard to see a reason for our struggles. It is important, however, to view these trials as opportunities to grow.

Our Heavenly Father knows the depths of our trials, pains, and sufferings. We can look to Him for comfort, peace, and guidance. I know that He loves us, and He wants us to grow and develop into better people. I know my Savior felt everything I have felt and will feel in life. When I feel like I am alone, when I feel that no one could possibly understand, that nobody has been through what I’m going through, I can stop and remember that someone has. That person is Jesus Christ. As long as we live righteously and strive to keep the commandments, our trials are like stepping stones towards growth. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

                                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment