Saturday, August 23, 2014

Always Trust Him


With my last post being about trials, I decided to post about how we need to trust Our Heavenly Father at all times.
Do you like to know what lies ahead in life? I am that type of person, I love to plan things. I like to belief that I know what is going to happen in my future. Do we really know what our future holds? Nope, we walk through life not knowing what exactly is going to occur. However, our Heavenly Father knows what our life holds. We can’t see the end of the path, but He can.

Perhaps I can’t do anything about the big trials that awaits me next year, but right this moment, there might be something I can do. I can trust Heavenly Father, focus on what is right in front of me, and do what He wants me to do. As I do those things I will be okay. It’s not always easy to trust heavenly father, especially when going through tough times. How do you put your trust in Heavenly Father at all times? Personally, I try to look back at everything that has happened in my life and see how he has been there every time. He hasn’t let me down yet, so why not trust him? All I have to do is follow the small steps given to me, one at a time, by God, the perfect guide.

 
 
I found a quote recently that I liked a lot, “Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers” (President Gordon B. Hinckley). To trust in God means to obey Him willingly, even when we do not know what will happen in the end.

Life on this earth is a difficult path. It is full of trials, sadness, blessings, happiness, joy.  Sometimes, in the middle of the difficult times it’s easy to forget the moments of happiness. A quote from the Book of Mormon, probably one of my favorite is, “...Whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day” (Alma 36:3). Life is a test and trials are part of that test, but if we always trust in God he will give us comfort and support us through all of our trials. It is a hard thing to trust God, yet we must. He gives us the tools and the strength that we will need to face our trials whatever they may be.

We have to have faith in God that He knows what He's doing. He knows what he wants you to become. I know if you trust Heavenly Father at all times He will bless us immensely. Heavenly Father loves us, and will be there for us at all times. I say all these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment